DCC CORONAVIRUS UPDATE December 2020
DCC is Open...
Back in March, we didn’t know what the future would hold. However, we did see a fall in the need for general workwear and uniforms. Despite the fact that some of our key suppliers temporarily closed, DCC stayed fully operational to assist our clients.
Since the first lockdown in March the team at DCC have managed to ship in excess of 10 million units to our client base, and continue to prioritise the delivery of COVID-19 PPE products.
Being a vertically integrated organisation has allowed DCC to ensure that stock levels coped with the demand for PPE. Our well managed supply chain has been a huge asset to us, this year more than ever. Allowing us to provide protection to many key workers and more throughout the UK.
As we speak today, the nation has entered a third lockdown and the UK has been ramping up the distribution of the COVID-19 vaccine.
Our thanks and appreciation go out to all our employees at DCC for their ongoing commitment to our business, customers and community. DCC remains proud to be part of the critical public sector supply chain but equally recognises the unsung heroes within our broader customer base.
We care deeply about our employees, as well as our clients, therefore we have committed to ensuring their safety as well as yours. Here at DCC, we have;
· Followed all government advice.
· Completed a thorough risk assessment of the hazards COVID-19 causes.
· Supplied masks, face shields and gloves to all staff.
· Provided staff with hand sanitiser.
· Fitted screens between desk areas where necessary.
· Displayed specific signage and instructions.
· Implemented frequent cleaning of all areas.
· Given specific guidance and advice to all areas of the business.
· Established strict policies if an individual was to show symptoms or test positive.
DCC continue to do everything in our power to ensure everyone has the correct equipment to keep themselves and their families healthy.
Sam & Gini